Jan 30, 2014

One WEEK to go (39 weeks) and my Must have Registry Items....

One WEEK to go...
My Sister in-law Sarah and I comparing our baby bumps at the Grove
How far along: 39 Weeks (thought this day would never come)
Gender: Boy
Weight gain: Actually haven't gained anything the last month, but I'm still not saying...lol
Maternity clothes: I live in the same maternity jeans DAILY.  And my sister informed me I am allowed to wear yoga pants to get the kids at school, but NOT sweatpants. Apparently there is a significant different!
Stretch marks: Still NO, so yeah about that. I think I am good from here on out. I did get my scar gel ready for c-section though.
Belly button in or out: Out
Sleep: Very VERY fleeting. I am reminded that I don't sleep now, so I can appreciate the lack of sleep when baby comes.
Best moment this week: My friends Tasha and Brenna giving me their boys old clothing. Since we thought we were done, we gave away all our NB-12 months clothes. So it was SUCH a blessing and I am So grateful.
Worst moment this week: Sleep, sleep, and again the LACK of sleep.
Miss anything: Walking the kids to school without feeling utter pain everywhere.
Movement:  Lots of contractions which cause some serious tummy distortions which are funny.
Cravings: Candy, pizza, hamburgers, girls scout cookies, bread, pasta, steak...wait did I just say that aloud...
Queasy or sick:  Good, just uncomfortable from baby being in position for some time now.
Looking forward to: Baby boy just getting here and being done with this pregnancy and enjoying a little newborn in my arms.


My Must HAVE Registry items:
Mederma Scar Gel- Because I have c-sections (this will be my 4th) I have tried my hardest to minimize the scar and tissue. I have found and heard that this is one of the best out there.  So even if you don't have a c-section but have stretch marks, I'd recommend using this EVERYDAY (its hard to remember) but it will make a difference.
Boppy Pillow - Great for a million reasons, but most importantly for great positioning for breastfeeding from the very beginning. Then they transition to tummy time & a comfy little prop for baby later on. There are tons of cute covers now too.
Medela Pump in Style Advanced - This is the breast pump that I used (my sister in-law who is a nurse, and everyone I know recommends this one) & I can't say enough good things about it. Although I have a very difficult time breastfeeding and pumping...dread creeping in... the pump itself is fantastic. 
Lansinoh PRODUCTS (Lanolin, Soothing Pads, Nursing Pads) - Leaks, relief, and cracks...oh my!  This will HELP! 
Avent Bottles & Dr. Brown Bottles -  All of my kids have had issues with digestion, gas, milk, etc. NOT fun. So we found (after TONS of trials) that while in infancy (through about 6 months) that Dr. Brown's bottles are the BEST!  After they start on solids we use Avent just because they are convenient to clean, the babies can begin to hold them on their own easily.
Boon Lawn Drying Rack - I don't have it yet. I KNOW right?  But I want this and will be getting it soon.
Playtext Diaper Genie Elite- I know some people think this is disgusting. But really I HATE walking out to the outside trash can (it is an ordeal with a newborn and 3 other kids) so that means the poppy diaper is left by the door, in the garage, or elsewhere where it stinks or looks even more disgusting, so why not. We LOVE this one.  Especially for infants. Once they are older like my 2 year old you DO need to empty more often (smellier and larger) but still does it's job.
Ingenuity Cozy Coo Sway Seat (Coco Cafe)-  We just got this one for this baby. ALL of babies have been movers and shakers (need constant motion). So we have killed numerous swings, gliders through them all.  So this is one of the few things we decided to invest in for this baby.  It's not only like a swing but gives a gentle rocking motion.  It has 3 different positions to adjust to and plays nature sounds or gentle music as well. So here's to hoping this is the winner. Tate loved the glider like this when he was an infant and it was nice to take along on little vacations as well.

2 comments:

  1. Heidi you are so cute, and I am so excited to meet the lil man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi you are so cute, and I am so excited to meet the lil man! :)

    ReplyDelete