May 9, 2013

Crock Pot Mexican Chicken Filling - SO SO SO EASY

Just in case I forget tomorrow (because I have been gone or busy the last 2 Friday's) this is my Friday post...

The easiest thing I do at home (which can be used for burritos, taco fillings, just plain, over rice, etc) is this Mexican Chicken Filling, which CANNOT get any easier:


·         4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
·         1- 15oz. can black beans
·         1- 15oz. can corn
·         1- 16oz. jar salsa

Place all items in the crock pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours.

Remove chicken and shred.  (It usually shreds VERY easily and without much effort or even removing).  Return chick to crock pot.

Serve over brown rice or use as a filling for tacos or burritos.

Makes 8 generous servings


P.S. I LOVE... 

SIDE NOTE: THE BEST!!!  You can get them just about anywhere, I usually just do Target or Walmart (if I dare) or online for a pack of 4 for about $2 and let me tell you it is SO SO worth the hard scrubbing of the crock pot for me. Just make sure if you shred in your crock pot (like me, the lazy way with a fork) don't punch through.  Even though you wont have a burnt on mess you still have to clean up more than is necessary!

3 comments:

  1. I never knew such a thing as crock pot liners even existed. Anyway, that recipe looks like its right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 13, 2013

    WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for chloe
    handbag silverado

    my weblog; クロエ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet you didn't know that I am a HORRIBLE cook? This recipe sounds easy enough that even I can't screw it up. Thanks Heidi, I'm going to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete